I saw a recipe for these cookies on Pinterest and immediately knew I needed to make them. Not only are they adorable to look at, but they are also the ideal consistency for a cookie (in my opinion): soft and chewy on the inside, with a golden brown exterior. The vanilla pudding adds a hint of vanilla flavor that’s not too overpowering.
3/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 3.5 ounce packet instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sprinkles
What you do:
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Add the pudding powder in and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add in the sprinkles until they are evenly incorporated.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, place dough on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are almost set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.